Thanks for bearing with us while we adjust to the rapidly changing conditions. Below is updated information on summer productions:
Now registering for the following—
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
Introduction (on Zoom!): Sunday, June 14, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Afternoon Rehearsals: Monday-Friday, (starting June 15) — 1:00-4:00 p.m. (CDT) [Morning Rehearsals (ONLY if enough participants): Monday-Friday, (starting June 15) — 9:00 a.m.-12:00 noon (CDT)]
2. At no time will there be more than 10 people in any area.
3. To preserve “social distancing,” we will specially mark seats (and enforce the markings) so that actors will not sit next to one another at rehearsals — and in fact will remain at least six feet apart.
4. Every actor and director will wear a face mask throughout each rehearsal.
5. We will temporarily modify blocking so that characters who are normally close together during a scene will be kept further apart during rehearsals.
6. We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the theater, and we’ll insist on its use.
7. We will ask each actor to go, one at a time, to wash his/her/their hands several times during each rehearsal.
8. We will do certain special rehearsals, with individual characters or scenes, online on Zoom, for those actors who can do so. This will further reduce overall exposure.
9. We will sanitize all of YSP’s doorknobs, bathrooms, kitchen area, etc. daily, after each rehearsal.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Download a registration form here: YSP Registration Summer 2020
YSP does not involve auditions or rejections. Any young person who registers will receive one or more substantial speaking roles.
YSP is committed to the principle that no one should be excluded from participation because of the costs of tuition. Anyone who needs a reduced tuition can select any rate above one-half the basic tuition fee and may opt to spread tuition payments over several months. If even one-half of the basic fee, spread over 4 monthly payments, is beyond your means, YSP will try to provide a larger scholarship or a more extended pay period.